Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /var/www/Domains/Eternal-Circle/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 749

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /var/www/Domains/Eternal-Circle/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 1860

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /var/www/Domains/Eternal-Circle/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 2519

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /var/www/Domains/Eternal-Circle/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 2573
× Welcome to the CEC forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

the labyrinth

• PatCarney
  • PatCarney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Active Blogger
  • Active Blogger
  • Thank you received: 102

Replied by PatCarney on topic the labyrinth

I was born, naked and alone. Good people fed me, clothed me and taught me to be a good person like them. Then they sent me on my way, down a long dark road alone. As I walked, skipped and ran down this path, I became a king. I was set upon by thieves that took everything I owned, stripped me naked and left me alone on the road. I was born again and I am looking for good people to feed me, clothe me and teach me. :irish:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lin
8 years 11 months ago #1214

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CherylB
  • Respected Correspondent
  • Thank you received: 1521

Replied by CherylB on topic the labyrinth

davis wrote: Juicy! The philosophic alchemist in me is touched by how many poetics there are for as above so below. Going in is coming out...
Yum...
To get out you have to change. Going in must become coming out...
And it is said you become who you are. Lose the title but keep the experience... What is different? Nothing? No you are the change. Not in station or essence or relationship, but in the fact that you've been to freaking faerie!

wherever I took the chicken both I and the chicken could see...

It's all about the experience and what it teaches your soul.

Ah, Davis, I think you supported/explained the point so much better than I!!! When the path out is not the path in, that is where one goes astray. Loving the labyrinth and its exploration! :mindblown:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lin
8 years 11 months ago #1213

• Thank you received: 2018

Replied by Davis on topic the labyrinth

Juicy! The philosophic alchemist in me is touched by how many poetics there are for as above so below. Going in is coming out. In Feri we sometimes call center by calling it the center which is the circumference of all. And it is. And between the worlds is also a world.

Yum.

And a labyrinth can be a trap if you try to go in one side and come out somewhere different. To get out you have to change. Going in must become coming out. Right turns become left. All the rings move in the opposite direction. Perhaps you do to the Centre and then undo back out again.

And what is the point?

There is a portion of the fable of the third road where to get to faerie you have to give up your titles and possessions, your definitions and your relationships. All the words and deeds and titles that make you who you are. They are all offered up. And it is said you become who you are. Lose the title but keep the experience. Stop being king and feel how sovereign you are without the word. And when you return from faerie you pick up the titles and words and relationships. And you wear them again. What had changed. You are in the same relation with the world as though you had never left. What has changed? What is different? Nothing? No you are the change. Not in station or essence or relationship, but in the fact that you've been to freaking faerie!

There's a story of a guru who gave a student a chicken and said take the chicken where no one can see and kill it for our dinner. The student wandered off and for three days carried the chicken around and finally returned it to the guru. The student said, wherever I took the chicken both I and the chicken could see.

It's all about the experience and what it teaches your soul. I'm obviously babbling. Hopefully there wasa point.
Frater B:.L:.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lin, CherylB
8 years 11 months ago #1212

• PatCarney
  • Active Blogger
  • Active Blogger

Replied by PatCarney on topic the labyrinth

Love is the Law, it is the true universal truth. The Golden Rule [do unto others what you would have them do unto you] is this truth in action. Love as a verb, the acting out of this belief. Hedonism, the school of thought that argues that pleasure is the primary or most important intrinsic good, is a labyrinth like philosophy. Aleister Crowley [not a true hedonist, but certainly used it’s the most self-serving tendencies] may have been one of those that was lost along the path. Narcissistically pleasing himself without caring about others. :irish:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lin, Davis
8 years 11 months ago #1209

• CherylB
  • Thank you received: 1521

Replied by CherylB on topic the labyrinth

Gorias wrote: If the only enlightened view you have is of your own navel, how can you see the mysteries of the stars? Do we need to destroy our own ego, burn away ourselves [metaphorically at least] to reach the higher plains of knowledge? When you see people in self-centered thinking and actions, grandiose or well intentioned, it ultimately leads to some bad end. Not that finding yourself is a bad thing, but to lose the world is not a good thing either?

The labyrinth is a form of journey work to travel to the center so we can explore the depths of ourselves. In my experience, this journey has lead me to the universal truth that we are all connected. All is one. All is divine. Love is the Law.

When we take to heart "As above, so below. As within, so without. As the universe, so the soul.", it follows that the mysteries of our inner selves ARE the mysteries of the universe. What happens in our navels, also happens on a larger scale. (There's an entire ecosystem going on in there!)
www.itsokaytobesmart.com/post/35362850580/navel-gazing-mystery

Burning away self-centered thinking and ego is exactly how we get there. Doing an act of kindness to help someone else is love, doing it simply to make ourselves feel good is ego. Intention is everything. Sparklies (Jen's term of endearment for crystals) have no ego, only unconditional love, which is why so may people find them therapeutic.

We don't lose the world, we become the world. Finding ourselves IS finding the universe, and our innate connection to everything. Once this is recognized, our entire world shifts.

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." ~Archimedes

Whoever said 'one person can't move the world' was misinformed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lin, Davis
Last edit: 9 years 2 days ago by CherylB.
9 years 2 days ago #1208

• PatCarney
  • Active Blogger
  • Active Blogger

the labyrinth was created by PatCarney

The labyrinth
Been thing about the labyrinth and how it connects to your spirituality. The great circle that Davis and Jen had showed us how it was a path to enlightenment, a guided tour though our chakras. How the center was the core of our very being. What happens if you don’t find your way back out of the center? If the only enlightened view you have is of your own navel, how can you see the mysteries of the stars? Do we need to destroy our own ego, burn away ourselves [metaphorically at least] to reach the higher plains of knowledge? When you see people in self-centered thinking and actions, grandiose or well intentioned, it ultimately leads to some bad end. Not that finding yourself is a bad thing, but to lose the world is not a good thing either?
The following user(s) said Thank You: CherylB, Davis
9 years 2 days ago #1207

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds