Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /var/www/Domains/Eternal-Circle/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 749

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /var/www/Domains/Eternal-Circle/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 1860

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /var/www/Domains/Eternal-Circle/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 2519

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /var/www/Domains/Eternal-Circle/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 2573
× Welcome to the CEC forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Prime Numbers

• Thank you received: 1279

Replied by Anton on topic Hidden in plain sight...

Ah yes, the Da Vinci Code... here's another huge rabbit hole... although the book was originally intended as a work of fiction, as we know, almost all fiction has its feet firmly planted in fact.

The bloodline of christ aside, looking at Da Vinci's Virtuvian Man... it's no co-incidence that he is surrounded by a circle - where-in every significant ratio and dimension is contained.

The pentagram itself contains the golden ratio...

In this example, the pentagram has been colored to show the different line segments. Each of these four line segments are in golden ration to each other.
Normal service will be resumed shortly... Just as soon as we've figured out what 'normal' is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pat, Lin, CherylB
7 years 11 months ago #2675
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pat
  • Pat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Respected Correspondent
  • Thank you received: 679

Replied by Pat on topic Prime Numbers

New and confusingly interesting rabbit holes to fall into :mindblown: I'm really interested in the Golden Ratio, I have been thinking about the Vitruvian Man and Leonardo DaVinci's take on it. He had to make the man in motion to make the equation fit. The preverbal round peg in the square hole, somehow I relate to that metaphor :whistle: .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lin, CherylB
7 years 11 months ago #2674

• Thank you received: 1279

Replied by Anton on topic Prime Numbers

Welcome to my world, Pat.

Numbers are indeed magickal... They provide a unique way of explaining inherently complex relationships between other things. If you think about it, even counting is a magickal act... it forms the basis of interval, frequency and rhythm!

And thinking about prime numbers (and the relationship between them)... 1, 3, 5... this is also the basis for musical interval... the root (1), 3rd and the 5th form a basic chord.

That same chord can be expressed as a mathematical term in geometry, being a line through the interior of a circle, who's end points lie upon the circumference. The longest chord for any circle is the diameter.

Prime numbers are also very important in cryptology, in fact, factoring prime numbers is one of the bases of modern encryption methodologies.

And while you're off down your rabbit hole, consider the golden ratio or Phi (1.6180339887...) In mathematics, two quantities are in the golden ratio if their ratio is the same as the ratio of their sum to the larger of the two quantities. i.e. Where a>b>0, (a+b)/a = a/b or (3+2)/3 = 3/2 = 1.6180339887...

The golden mean or ratio has a profound affect on our lives and even defines what we consider to be beautiful... not just physically, but also in terms of musical interval.

Oh, and have you ever thought about what thoughts are made of?

Go ponder that for a while :mindblown:
Normal service will be resumed shortly... Just as soon as we've figured out what 'normal' is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pat, Lin, CherylB
7 years 11 months ago #2672

• Pat

I was also thinking about the blessing of 3x3x3, when thinking about Prime numbers. This equals 27,it is not a prime number, but I recall hearing that this is a very sacred number. I may be wrong but I believe it is thought of in Hebrew belief as the number of God. Where as 666 or 6x6x6 is the number of the anti-Christ. The answer is 216 to that calculation. Now add the numbers of each of these answers, 27 is 2+7= 9 and 216 is 2+1+6=9. They both add up to 9, this is the highest number. All other numbers that are considered higher are doubled: 10,11,12,13,etc... It may be a rabbit hole but it is pretty interesting :mindblown: Need some help climbing out of this numerical black hole :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrea, Lin, CherylB
7 years 11 months ago #2661

• priestess.avalon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by priestess.avalon on topic Prime Numbers

Love you, Tap!
7 years 11 months ago #2649

• Pat

I can't even spell auto-correct without auto-correct. Your post are some of the reasons I looked into this :mindblown: :heart: :irish:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lin
7 years 11 months ago #2647

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds