Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /var/www/Domains/Eternal-Circle/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 749

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /var/www/Domains/Eternal-Circle/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 1860

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /var/www/Domains/Eternal-Circle/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 2519

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /var/www/Domains/Eternal-Circle/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 2573
× Welcome to the CEC forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

The Path I follow{part 1}

• Pat
  • Pat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Respected Correspondent
  • Respected Correspondent
  • Thank you received: 679

The Path I follow{part 1} was created by Pat

I stand on this road that I’ve chosen to follow and look around at where I am. I don’t have any doubts about the path I’ve picked. I only have reservations about those who aren’t walking along with me.
It seems so obvious to me that this is the right direction. There may be other roads that lead you toward the same destination, but it’s clear to my eyes that going in the opposite way would be a disaster for anyone. The ramifications of not following a path where love is the law and not harming others is the basic belief seem so horrific and disastrous it seems obvious. It’s like choosing to take the next step along a high ridge, even though it leads you off a cliff that would cause your certain injury or even death.
Looking around, I see many that do not see the merits of the beliefs that make up our path. They seem to accept this topsy-turvy world around them, even praising the thinking that fosters its sad condition. They do not dare to criticize these wrong ideas for fear of offending the same people that could not give a wit about them or the world we all share.
I know that for some, it is logical to have this dangerously opposite philosophical belief. One that believes that any capitulation to others needs is a sign of weakness. It can only drag down the Good Samaritain to help the needy, causing both to fail. These good deeds cause nothing to get done and no one is the better for the effort. This is a self-preservational way of seeing life and how to live in it. It is as clear to them as the “dog eat dog” world that they perceive we live in. Nature itself, they say, shows them that survival of the fittest is the only way that any species can make it in this cruel world. They believe that it is the only way thrive in it, at any rate.
This bogus philosophy can, in theory, let the “strong” ones exist and thrive. It although falsely argues in justify itself that when the weaker are thinned out of the herd, it makes all those around stronger. But this is, like many intellectual ideas that have been twisted to fit a false equivalency, a lie. When taken to its logical conclusion, it not only fails, but is disastrous in its callousness. The “strong” exist on an artificial plane, where any deviance from a standard of strength considered sub-standard is intolerable. The weak must be weeded out to allow the stronger ones to succeed. Eventually the ones considered “strong” are the only ones left to judged on their worth. Their own selves and how they live are eventually scrutinized. They may be considered as lesser and therefore “weak”. This line of deviation from what is normal, good and strong becomes arbitrary and subjective. The new standard of measurement is conveniently moved to fit those who are dominate over the “lesser” ones. It becomes a means to control. The natural selection, that they say is used without bias, becomes something entirely unnatural. It is an arbitrary standard set by the few to subjugate the many. The normal standards become a means to rule and dictate. These shifting standards, that somehow never seem to be met by those considered lesser, are now used and abused to eliminate those that don’t measure up in any way. The target of these reasoned purges also shifts at the whim of the few “strong ones”. Eventually these rulers, the righteous exterminators, can only point their fingers in judgement at the only ones standing, themselves. The survivors of this “dog eat dog” battle are alone, without anyone to rule, they are the lone dog in the fight that no longer exist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lin
7 years 6 months ago #3159

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds