× Welcome to the CEC forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

The Path I follow{part 1}

• Pat
  • Pat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Respected Correspondent
  • Thank you received: 679

Replied by Pat on topic The Path I follow{part 2}

Are there absolute truths? Is murder bad, is the world round, are brownies delicious? What are the things we use to measure if a thing is good or bad? I can't live others life or presume I can tell them how to live, but isn't my duty to tell a fellow traveler obstacles in the road to watch out for? Something to think about, apply it to any situation that you run across. :heart: :irish:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lin
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Pat.
7 years 6 months ago #3171

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• priestess.avalon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by priestess.avalon on topic The Path I follow{part 2}

That's where YOUR free will comes in. Everyone's perception of the 'truth" is different.
7 years 6 months ago #3168

• priestess.avalon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by priestess.avalon on topic The Path I follow{part 1}

Although this is true, you as a human being with a heart, an expansive soul, and free will, do not have to participate or even pay attention to the shit show that our humanity is participating in.
I put myself in a bubble, and I live the life I want to live full of love and joy and hope. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and believe that they will not lie to me ( but I'm no doormat! I'll kick an ass or two if I have to) and I live my day with Love is the Law flowing through me. Remember what Kristopher taught us- care for your square mile. If we all do that, our square miles will link together and grow and we will stand united flying a beautiful banner that says "Love is the Law"!
Ok, so maybe that is an Aquarian pipe dream, but I like it. :)

Love you, Pat!
7 years 6 months ago #3167

• Pat

Davis, I totally agree with you that thinking outside the box is essential in life. Standards and truisms should be questioned and tested. As a man of science, you know this. Maybe I didn’t make my point well enough. It did read like some shut-in’s rambling at the state of the world from his mother’s basement.
There must be a standard used to test any assumption, with solid facts and figures as the tools to answer these questions. The idea of keeping an open mind is not eliminated by testing the validity of an answer. You can think as esoterically as you want, but there are always realities to deal with in this world.
The one point I was trying to make in my incoherent rambling was that if you know the answer to a question, choose not to say anything for fear of hurt feelings or to show how open-minded you are, you are just as wrong. You can’t turn a blind eye to the truth.
Love ya, Bro!
7 years 6 months ago #3165

• Thank you received: 2018

Replied by Davis on topic The Path I follow{part 2}

I enjoy the strength of your conviction, Pat, but for my part there is always a voice inside that says is 1+1=2 really right all the time everywhere? And if so what assumptions have we made to make that true. In mathematics, this is how the field grows. There is a comforting and gentle tyranny in making assumptions. We make our own comfortable realities. I for one love the feeling of being pushed outside of my assumptions. In mathematics there are entire fields where 1+1 is not 2. Perhaps I'm just a post modernist. For me the question what is right is so much more valuable than any answer can be. It's just the edge-walker blood in me. Blessed be, brother.
Frater B:.L:.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pat, Lin
7 years 6 months ago #3164

• Pat

What of the people that witness this insane twist of logic and do nothing to stop it? There is a soft tyranny of lowered expectations that occurs. It happens when the standards of thought and behavior are set so low it becomes the very thing that causes the problem. They stand idly by as a fool grabs the wheel out of the hands of a component pilot and sabotage the journey. They watch in amazement as the ship is steered toward the rocky reef ahead and sinks in the deadly icy water. It is criminal not criticize what you see is horrifically wrong, not to fight against something you know in your heart [and head] makes no sense. If you know something can do tremendous harm and do nothing, isn’t it wrong not to say so? Are you not part of the problem by turning a blind eye?
Love is the law. Do what you want, without harming others. When these two principles are put together they are the strongest force in the universe. It is a guideline to behavior and actions that consider all in their wake, with malice to none. It prevents someone from flailing around with a blind anarchistic intention, burning down all that they see.
It is the step forward, with eyes wide open. It allows you to see all around your path and realize that you are not the only one on it. Each action you take has an impact on all that is around you, and with that comes a responsibility.
When others traveling along side of you stumble, you lend a helping hand to right them. For if you stumble, as we all do, there will be someone to help you in return. It makes sense. It is the only answer that adds up.
We know that 1+1=2 and any other answer is wrong. Saying that the answer can equal 3 is not only wrong, but potentially dangerous. To sit by idly while the wrong answer is being given equal standing, saying nothing, is just as wrong-headed. A good leader lets others opinions be heard, a great leader never allows those opinions to cloud the facts. The recipe for disaster not only includes wrong actions, but the inability to use critical thinking to stop it.
There are many ancillary bad traits and consequences that always occur with this problem. The finger-pointing of blame when something goes wrong as a means to deflect any responsibility. There is a deliberate fogging of a problem to make it appear to not be as bad as it may be. Manny will bring up other issues and falsely say they are the equivalent of the main problem. The phrase “nothing to see here, move along,” should immediately make you stop and look at what’s going on. All of these are examples of the negative fighting against the positive.
Am I on the right path? The answer lies in every step I take, its impact on the world. It is the power of love in action. This power that can make a positive change in the world, a force that can overpower hate and its destructive consequences.
I ask the question, “Can I be a witness to the impact of my actions and be proud of their results?” If my answer is yes, I’m on the right track. If the answer is no, I must stop everything that I’m doing and do something different. If I continue doing something wrong it is insanity. If I let others do wrong, without at least telling them to stop and see the error in their actions, I am doing harm as well.
This path also calls to powers outside the normal realm, the supernatural. I know that the answers I seek, the things I want to change, need more than I am capable of giving or finding in the physical world. These “outside” powers and knowledge come from a divine source. They can be channeled by ancient rituals, and manifested to bring an energy both positive and negative.
The path is a teaching journey. It has guidelines to help those that seek receive the things they need. These powers have the ability to manifest change. Powers far greater than novices or those with suspect reasoning should trifle with. There is also the Rule of Five, which is a major part of our belief.
This rule states that anything sent out into this universe {actions, wishes, intensions or spells} will come back to you five times greater. It shows those that want to manifest change have a great responsibility. The rule demonstrates that grave consequences can be found if what you do is done with malice or negative intentions. When someone sends out a force, like in science, an equal [in this belief it is Five times as strong!] force is sent back in the direction of that person. It is like a boomerang with a jet pack, thrown out to capture something, only to come back with nothing of worth and hitting the thrower in the head in its return.
With a strong resolve, I walk down this path. I am joined by fellow travelers with the same purpose and understanding along the road. We walk together in solidarity, with a shared a duty and a fellowship. We help each other traverse this road, with all of its twists and turns. If one stumbles, another is there to help them up. We encourage and teach each other along the way, to help in our successful passage. This is how I choose to live.
7 years 7 months ago #3160

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds